The year 2020 has not been the best, but it taught us a lot about leading life and circumstances. And now its time to take all those learnt lessons with a radiant smile in 2021. It’d be pretty early to say that 2021 will be our year, but at least we can try to obtain the utmost of it.
“The past is to remember, the future is to accomplish, and the present is to live.”
The awe of what will come next stops us from exploring the doors of the marvel, and we are left at a corner waiting for the right period or occasion. But how can we figure out if the time is right? It never comes with a badge around its shoulder. Dream job, following a passion, setting priorities, time management, life-desires and what not; we all have an imaginary wish-list but fail to carry out, waiting for the right moment. And we might be running out of our perfect time, right now!
“If not now, then when?”
We cannot impute the year if we our-self don’t make attempts to improve it. We don’t have any lifelines to achieve our dreams. Remember, the year is just time and how to utilize that, its in our hands.
Guide to a Productive Year
- Make a Resolution: A new year can never begin without you promising something to yourself, that you want to accomplish this year. Discover a productive resolution that can induce some positive shift in your life, which you have been planning to strike. Just remember, resolutions are not to breach, but a word you make to yourself. Choose and act upon your resolutions wisely.
- Loop of Goals: Goals are like infinity rings, a never-ending loop our life twirls around. One achieved we move on to the next and then next. So these little goals hold equal priority in our life. But it is essential to anchor a short aim for every day. It will wrap you in an attitude of setting and accomplishing mini-goals, eventually heading towards your chief end. A To-Do List will help you figure out your day to day actions, giving you a sense of conquest.
- Plan your time: Acing the time tool is the most perplexing task to accomplish. Most of us lack this management art because of procrastination. The act of dawdling the responsibility has repercussions which we scorn to notice at first, but it can be troublesome. Time management does not mean rushing into things but to adequately perform the worthy tasks prior. Instead of working hard, you can work smarter and ace it.
- Try 21-day Trial: You stick to a specific task for 21 days, every day, and soon you will become accustomed to it. It’s a basic 21-day routine theory that demands 21 days to create a habit, either good or bad. The trial period is not that long if you are determined to bring a decisive change in your life. Take a planner to mark your 21-day goal and see where it directs you.
- Never Stop Learning: Learning has no span and nor it comes with any restrictions. Its never too late to start learning something offbeat, some new skill or something you are curious to discover. Take out some time for the recreational activities that will add spark to your all-regular life. Uncover a new hobby or re-begin with the one you left assuming you can’t do it anymore. Just don’t confine yourself to the same grey routine and traverse the world of fresh routes.
- Step out of the Box: You have been living in a bubble world of your own, getting all comfort and easy-going work. Doesn’t that feel tedious sometimes, doing the very things over and over again? So its time to climb out of your succour zone and explore the untraveled. Be open to seeing your life unwind in ways that are more sweeping than you can grasp of at the moment. You might feel uncomfortable at first, but what’s life without adventure? Stepping out will help to uncover and discover the world around you.
- Prioritize yourself: The most prolific thing is to prioritize yourself. In the race of doing things right for others, we usually skip centering on ourself and our peace of mind. Let’s make a vow to focus on self-care and self-priority. Acknowledge your emotions and remember that small adjustments can lead to more lasting changes, but those may take time and patience. Don’t be gruff on yourself and take a break to ask yourself if you are doing okay? Because it is you that matters the most.
Hoping that this year will actually bring some fruitful change in your lifestyle with lots of positivity and goodwill!
~ Muskan Sidana